There are more websites on the internet than the hairs on your head…(until you are bald like me) but then the point is all of them are looking for meaningful content that helps them win more and more readers who are ready to engage. This throws a big opportunity for the people who want to make quick money with just penning down good stuff that would go on websites that reward writers handsomely. just a word of caution if you are a complete newbie to this be patient and learn…don’t just give up without even giving it a proper try.
The advantage of this arrangement is that you don’t have to have a website. So let’s jump in…
- iWriter: The biggest advantage of iWriter is that it serves well in either case…if you are just starting or already an advanced writer. The membership is free and you can quickly ascend to make some serious money. I have personally known people who have make a living out of this platform. Some words of caution… that there is a learning curve on what is acceptable on the platform if you are serious read their terms and conditions fully and comply with the rules of the game. Initially you might find the system bit hard on you and payments nominal. But you will soon realise that if you can write what your clients need and able to garner good feedback you quickly move levels up to earn more. Optionally if you are already an advanced writer you can go for the paid version and give yourself a leg up on the earning you make.
- com : Blogmutt is for U.S based writes only and will ask for a valid SSN. The good thing about this platform is that it pays you $8 for up to 350 words. Writing assignments are keyword based and they have to be picked up from a queue you have to provide your own title to the posts. Your write-ups are then either selected by the clients or they may request for further edits. Registration is free, followed by a quick English grammar test.Blogmutt works on a points system and the more your content is purchased more points you receive.
- Fiverr.com : Fiverr is not just a content platform but allows you to go to market with a range of micro jobs. You can register for free and get paid in the manner you set your offer. The thing I like about this platform is that for starters it’s a great “testing ground” If we limit our discussion to writing for now…You may look at what approach other people are taking to sell their writing gigs and what seems to work best. You can then quickly adapt to the needs of the market and put forward an offer. When you land an order you full fill it in the terms that you set for these orders.
- Linkedin Jobs: This is more of a traditional approach but it still works. Linkedin Job boards are great way to land in a writing assignment. Just to mention this will work better if you have had some experience already in writing and can possibly pitch a portfolio to your potential clients. The thing to be noted here is that there are a hundred places you can post your articles for free and share those links with customers if you want…just build some kind of a credible collection of your posts that reflect your area of expertise.
- Problogger job Board: This is a well reputed platform in the writing circles. Here you can find very high quality work. The only flipside being that this website is not very newbie friendly and you may end up confused and dejected unable to make sense of what is going on here until you quickly rise on learning curve.
- org: This website accepts motivating stories about people who achieved a goal, overcame challenge or learned a helpful lesson through their faith. Guidepost pays you when your post is accepted for publication. Full length stories are expected to be of about 1500 words. The emphasis is to write from a vantage point of the individual who is most effected by the experience.
- com: The interesting thing about chickensoup is that it pays you approximately $200 if you work is published. They accept stories about something that happened to you or someone you know as well as poems. The flipside is you may have to wait 1 to 2 years to see your work published in Chicken Soup for the soul series. The other bonus worth mentioning is that you get 10 free copies of the book as bonus.
- Clarksworld : “Clarkesworld Magazine is a Hugo, World Fantasy, and British Fantasy Award-winning science fiction and fantasy magazine that publishes short stories, interviews, articles and audio fiction.” If you are serious about making a mark in published work as well as make some good money like $500 to $1400 per post this is your bet! The have a 1000 to 1600 word limit and accept science fiction and fantasy for fiction category. They also accept non- fiction that appeals to readers of science fiction, fantasy and horror.
- Asimov’s Science Fiction: As you might have guessed Asimov’s is an established name when it comes to science fiction. There pay packet starts with $250 per story and the expect length starting from 1000 words to up to 20.000 words. They also pay you $1 per line for the poetry and expect them to be within 40 lines. You can know more about it by clicking the link above.
- Readers Digest: If you know Readers Digest is famous for its readers stories and they are always looking for new stories and content. They pay you $100 per story regardless of the length of the story. If you are regular working on write-ups this is the place your should definitely test out a submission or two.
- A List Apart : This website is dedicated to the people who make websites and its always looking for fresh content. They publish 3 types of contents and the pay starts from $200. They seem to be very open minded and clear with what they expect from you and also promptly provide you feedback and necessary assistance unlike many other publishing houses. Click the link above to read more. They provide clear instructions on how to get started with them and I strongly feel this is a place you should not miss.
- The Layout : The layout is a website dedicated to WordPress. The Worlds most used content management system. They accept anything word press related and pay you $50 to $150 per post. Again there instructions are pretty easy to follow and they are very positive of working with you on an outcome. This is also a good bet if you are looking at gaining some authority juice in the content management system world.
Allright so much for now on Blogging for money. I strongly recommend you to stick with one method for the start and really learn it in depth. Choose something of your liking as you will have to stay in the game for a bit to really start seeing some result. Also have a look at other methods to making money online by clicking the links below and the most important even before you jump on this bandwagon read “Before You Get Started” for a solid foundation.
Small Internet Business Ideas – Before You Get Started
Small Internet Business Ideas – Idea #1: Become An Affiliate
Small Internet Business Ideas – Idea #2 : Start and e-commerce
Small Internet Business Ideas – Idea #3 : Starting a blog
Small Internet Business Ideas – Idea #4 : Consult, Train, Coach
Teaching, mentoring, coaching or Consulting is a great enterprise on the internet which can be done from the comfort of your home without any substantial investment if you want to. This definitely calls for some level of expertise or authority in the given area. Perhaps you already carry a skill or interest area that is in demand…You can always expand on your areas of interest and learn new skills that are in demand if needed and then go and teach them.
This is something very favorable if you are already having a certain level of expertise in a certain area, for example, painting, foreign language, cooking, baking or gardening. On the other hand, if you have been earlier a part of professional services for a corporation or a business house you can always start your own business consulting. Think of law, company affairs, marketing, SEO, Content, or even health and fitness and have your own successful online businesses
Here I am listing some steps to get started as a Consultant, Trainer or Mentor. Please note that this may not be the only way to get started with online home based business ideas. But this is what I recommend based on my experience.
- Get your Brand in place: The first step is to think about how you want yourself and your business to be perceived. Have your logo and stationary done accordingly? Communications is always the greatest opportunity to create a perception that is favorable to your brand and brings in more business.
- Book a Domain and hosting service: Now it’s time to book a domain and hosting service. If you have already given thought on branding you would just go and register your domain name. (Company name or Your own name) from a service like Bluehost. The plus point with going with them is that you get the domain name free with the hosting service.
- Document your offer clearly and concisely on your website: Now it’s time to pitch your product or service clearly and concisely to your audience. Don’t get too fancy here…make things simple to understand and easy for your customers to reach in and discuss to take future steps or just buy your products and services. This is ideally achieved by designing a landing page.
- Fix logistics issues: Now fix the logistics issues like- are you planning to have your customer’s book time with you? Or you are planning to just collect their contacts and reach them out yourself. Or you just want them to be on an autoresponder before they are qualified to the offer. Whatever the case may be it has to be tied up with the landing page to create a funnel that works as a system to qualify and capture leads.
Here you also need to sort out how you will accept payments from your clients and also clearly capture the cancellation and refund policy.
- Plan and Execute Services: Now it’s time to deliver the service you promised and this is the moment of truth. It always helps to have tools, templates and techniques worked out in advance so that you execute what you promised in style. This also helps build your perception of a “go to guy” or gal for getting the job done. This is the place and time that will decide your future goodwill and its spread through “word of mouth”
Do Read The Other Small Internet ideas by clicking the links below.
Start a blog to make money
Start and e-commerce store
Become an affiliate
Small Internet Business Ideas – Before You Get Started
Alright so that much for now on Internet small business ideas – Starting your own Consulting training or mentoring service. Again take action don’t just sit there gazing on the screen. Try and fail fast if you have to…there are so many things you can do all by yourself working from home internet business opportunities. If you liked what you read here or otherwise do share, like and comment and ask if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer them. Ciao!
Talking of Small Internet business ideas today I am sharing some intricacies about starting and running a online eCommerce store. I assume you read the following before you get cracking with this
Start and e-commerce store: Starting an e-commerce store is easy like never before. Drop shipping is the mantra. Drop shipping is a technique that allows you to ship products from the wholesale suppliers to the customer directly at a wholesale price.
The most common question people ask is “why will someone buy products from me if I am just getting started” The key here is retail arbitrage. You want to reach your customers much before your competitors do and convert your customers. Of course, this involves an above average understanding of driving paid traffic to your sales pages.
You have multiple options to jump into e-commerce bandwagon from starting with a managed application like Shopify to building your own e-commerce store on platforms like WordPress or Magento.
Steps to Setting Up an eCommerce store
- Finalize on the platform: How will you host your product catalog? do you prefer a ready-made done for you, an end to end application like Shopify or You want to do it on your own domain name and hosting?
- If you want to quickly get your feet wet go for Shopify and make your first sale as fast as possible. You will find a real leg up training here.
- If you have done pretty neat homework and market research and prefer a brand of your own go the domain and hosting way. WordPress with Woocommerce is a great way to start and the one I prefer for my clients.
- Choose your Niche:Choosing your niche to operate is an important step that you should not overlook. You just can’t add random products and start an online store. You need to address a defined customer need, demography and buying pattern. Normally you would like to operate in a niche that is fast picking up and has not matured yet to make enough money from it much before it’s beaten down by competition.
- Manually Upload Products or Connect a Product Transfer Plugin for Drop-shipping:You have to option of automatically picking up products from drop shippers and pushing them to your Shopify or Woocommerce store. Once you get taste of adding products in this way you will hate to add products manually.
- Reach your audience:Now just because you created your store front customers will not start pouring in overnight. You will have to lay down a proper budget and finalize a traffic method that you want to test and perfect. Start small and target your first sale once you have that repeat that as fast a possible. Once you will have a dozen sales in your pocket you will not just have enough confidence to place higher bets in the game but also ambitiously plan a sales goal and work backward to achieve any targets you lay for yourself.
There more than one ways to reach your audience and you have to pick one method at a time. (Else you will end up with a burnout) Some of the methods are listed below for your reference
- Print Media
- PPC (Pay Per Click)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization
- Networking/Direct Selling
- Event Sponsorship
Challenges (Watch Out For These) : Starting an e-commerce store is not really the big deal today. There are hundreds of ways to do that. The whole point is to do with your research, planning, and execution just like any business venture lets quickly look at what are the top 10 things you want to consider when getting in this game.
- Proper research on aspects of demand, competition, quality and sourcing.
- Operating in as narrow niche as possible
- Branding your business optimally; Logo, Trade-name, Trademarks, Domain Name, Brand identity etc.
- Not completely ignoring SEO but working it on the long term.
- Great photographs and awesome product descriptions.
- Launch your business with a proper launch plan.
- Have a proper shipping strategy worked out?
- Work and clearly state your policy on returns, refunds, and cancellation.
- Deploy email marketing and enhance the value of your customers.
- Multiply your traffic with adding up more and more traffic driving methods.
- Test and optimize conversions.
- Generate testimonials and bring in repeat customers
So as you see putting up an online store is a real business but the best part is you can do it right from home. Again if you have read so far don’t delay. Go here and access the FREE 90-day challenge on making your e-commerce store a success.
Before we jump on the idea number one for internet business opportunities I assume you have read the “Small Internet Business Ideas – Before You Get Started” Its important because even before you start with anything you need to know what is required… This shall equip you better on what to expect and be in position to move fast when it comes to learning.
Ok so much for planning things about yourself,,, now lets quickly go to #1 online home based business idea.
- Become an affiliate: The easiest way to get busy with your online business opportunities from home is to simply become an affiliate. There are hundreds of affiliate programs available and they come in varied shapes and sizes. here are some you could get your feet wet in no time.
- Amazon affiliate program
Amazon is one of the world’s biggest marketplaces. Many big companies and bloggers prefer amazon affiliate program for ease of use and its effectiveness. Amazon affiliate program is location based and you have to apply for a specific location where your target group is. You can earn up-to 12-15% of the sale amount depending on what you are promoting and programs running from time to time. Its a great way to make big passive income if you are patient with setting up niche websites and driving traffic through SEO. For example you could set up a website on Mobiles or Gadgets and write a review on the top offer available promoting your affiliate link to add substantial extra income.
How to sign up? Lets say if your target group is in the U.S you should sign up to the Amazon U.S associate program using this link. Like wise if your target group is from Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand or India you need to sign up for affiliate program of that country.
- Join a comprehensive course on Affiliate Marketing like Affilorama. You can become a member totally free and you get to learn affiliate marketing starting from the basics. This course is like a quick start which helps you with everything from road-map, necessary and advanced training to tools that can take your business to next level. If you are someone who wants to capitalize the power of leverage and expertise of others than learning everything the hard way on your own Affilorama is the way to go.
- Buy the Internet marketing essentials and promote the products as an affiliate. Anyone who wants to make it long term in online internet business will need the bare minimum following. Why not turn this right on his head by buying these products for your business and also promoting them as an affiliate. Notice that you will have much better understanding of these products as you would have already used them for yourself.
- Domain name and Hosting: As an online business you and your clients will repeatedly need domain names and hosting services. Which you can get from the service providers like Bluehost. They have offers running most of the time where you can get a domain name free with hosting.
- Keyword Analysis Tool : Keywords are the backbone on any online business and any internet business requires a quality keyword analysis tool like Market Samurai. With this you can strive for higher relevancy, better traffic, low competition and higher commerciality keywords. The best part is you can get started with this tool totally free right here. The paid version helps you with advance SEO tasks like SEO competition analysis, keyword research and promotion.
- Onpage SEO tool: When you start working on content for your website you will realize the importance of having everything SEO compliant from the word go. A tool like SEO Pressor is the secret behind success in terms of faster monetisation and hands free approach to having multiple blogs in variety of niches. SEO Pressor takes care of the SEO for not just the content you develop on your website but also the entire gamut of LSI, Readability and automated SEO audits across the website.
- Email Marketing Tool: Developing a email list is often stressed as an lifeblood to any small internet business and that is not far away from the truth. Most of the successful online businesses continuously develop an email list using email marketing applications like Aweber or Getresponse both of them offer a free trial to begin and that really gives you an added advantage to getting used to it without spending any money to get started. This basically involves using a lead magnet to collect email ids of the people interested in a particular offer or niche and them keep them engaged also promoting and making money in the process.
- Landing page Application: If you get serious about promoting your business or even doing things the right way and transforming yourself from a rookie to an advanced player you will need to have landing pages specific to the offer. Normally a lot of business keep this aside for too late and then realize that they left lot of money on the table. Landing page solutions like Leadpages or Clickfunnels give you superpower of creating landing pages on the fly and serve your market with high degree of professionalism.
- Link Tracking: Link tracking and masking is a great necessity for your business to reduce risk of running over by domain blacklist or simply keeping a track of clicks received and maintaining a hygiene to promoting offers. An application like Clickmagick goes a long way in not only protecting your interests but also providing your some great tools and training to take affiliate marketing to whole next level.
- High Ticket Affiliate Offers: Alright so far so good but there is a little secret that not many online businesses will never share with the newbies… To actually multiply your returns and make real money online you need to work with high ticket affiliate programs. These high-ticket affiliate programs can bring in 6 figure income with a single sale and therefore very powerful. They are very easy to set up as most of the support is provided by the operators themselves. Now to get to know more about this kind of program you will have to contact/work with me directly.
Click here and fill up the information required to learn more about high ticket Affiliate programs.
Alright so that was for the affiliate programs for the start. There are numerous other Small Internet Business Ideas that you can get started immediately. More on that follows…Watch this space for top online business opportunities. I would suggest you put to action as soon as possible what you have read and found here. The biggest enemy of our success is procrastination and self sabotage. So Implement quickly what you have learned so far.
Let me know if this helps you or if you have any questions…I will be glad to help. Leave your comments below.
If you have been thinking for long to start a small internet business. I bet you already know the advantages of having a successful online business. Online business gives you the freedom of working from anytime anywhere you want and is your own boss. Not just that they also are easier to setup and run as do not necessarily involve renting offices, managing inventory or even hiring employees. The biggest advantage of small internet business is that you hardly have any limiting factor provided you are all for it.
That being said starting and running an online business is definitely not a cakewalk and involves a careful consideration of multiple factors. But there is no need to get bogged down with that. I am going to post a series of articles that will help you get started online with minimum setbacks. You will get some of the best and practical pointers to online home based business ideas.
But before we get to the crux of matter lets understand that you yourself is the biggest part of the equation that will ultimately bring in success to our endeavors.
Here is a list of aspects you need to know about yourself first… that will help you chart a path to ultimate success in online business.
- How good are your interests aligned with your internet business? : Does your business operate in an area that is connected to your hobbies or past skills in any way? What type of a person are you? Would you be comfortable working alone at your home? What many will not tell you is running a business does require long hours and hard work. which you may be able to adjust at a later stage once you hit some level of success. If you are working with something that is to your liking there is a high likelihood that you will stick to it and enjoy doing it.
- How much time do you have? : Are you looking at this as a side business venture till you make it a full-time operation? Are you looking at doing this full-time? How many hours are you planning to put into your small internet business? Nothing wrong with doing this full or part-time but you should be clear with how much engagement you plan to call for. If you are not able to keep your minimum hours required your business may not get anywhere at all…
- How much money you plan to invest?: Well many would say you “I am only looking at starting a business for free” and I want to alert you here…there is nothing like free when you are working on a business. Your time is money too and you should have a budget in mind as an investment.
- Do you have a PC/Laptop and an internet connection? : I know you are thinking about…. what happened to “run your business from your mobile phone…?” right? Again be care full, when starting a business you need to work extensively on varied aspects of your business and we have not yet reached a stage where mobile can replace a laptop.
- Do you have a working space or home office?: Yes! in-case you have not identified where you will have your working space at home…you may soon realize you can hardly put any time to work. Think of ad-hoc spaces you have in mind… Working from the drawing room with TV on may not be a good idea…Likewise, if you are babysitting while working side by side look at how you can keep things organized so you can multitask with minimum effort and move in and out with ease from these spaces however close they are.
In the next post I will detail top online business opportunities and we will get cracking with Affiliate marketing. Here I will be giving away some practical inputs for you to get started with online business opportunities from home.